Blogpost 11/21

    For this week, while I did continue working on getting all my footage completely finished, in class I begin my investigation into the ideas for my next film. I will openly admit that I'm not very confident in the way my current film will turn out, but I've begun brainstorming for the next approach I'd like to take towards becoming a better film-maker. I'd never been keen when it comes to effects and adding a special kind of POW to my work, but my research from this week inspired me to possibly be more creative in the future. Throughout this week, I searched for visual effects I could use in my next film, and I was lucky enough to find a channel whose videos cover many innovative ways to perfect the creativity that goes into using visual effects in media. I plan on using a few of the effects shared in the videos below with my next film and maybe even a few others ones on future projects. 


    Inspiration -

I plan on using effects #5 (Crop) and #10 (Posterize Time) for my next film




I plan on using effect #1 (Ghosting Stop Motion) for my next film




I plan on using this effect for a small portion of time in my next film
(*flicker warning*)




I plan on using effect #1 (Ultra Key) and #3 (Color Replacement/Desaturation) for my next film


    Brainstorming -

        While I was writing the script and working on my storyboard for my current film, I wanted to make sure I had at least an idea on either the theme/plot of my next project. Therefore, I began to brainstorm ideas that could fit into the theme of media I'd chosen to work with this year. Because the theme I'd chosen was somewhere between 'relatability' and 'spirituality', the plot I'd come up with follows the intuitive mind of someone - their thoughts, feelings, how they see the world, etc. I'm still technically in the brainstorming process so the idea isn't entirely thought out, but I am excited to be able to work with effects to shape the mind of my future project's narrator.

    Film-maker's Note: I will be sure to put a 'flash warning' in the beginning of my film to forewarn viewers

Cinecom's Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpLfM1_MIcIQ3jweRT19LVw

Comments