Blogpost 5/1

    This week, I decided I wanted to continue working on my script and to possibly brainstorm about what I'd want to write about once my current script is completely done. Because I'd noted how I wanted one side of my District Arts display to showcase the scripts I'd written so far, I wanted to make sure I'd finish my scripts in time for the art festival, so I've been pushing myself to write everyday. But as simple as coming up with a story for a script to follow may seem, actually writing it out can be difficult. In my 'End of Marking Period 3' blogpost, in my 'Evaluating' section, I wrote how I wish I were quicker when it came to writing scripts; furthermore, I wish the creative process came to me frequently, rather than occasionally, as for any creative person it can be quite frustrating when one's inspiration is lackluster. 

    Regarding the creative process, it didn't take too long for me to come up with the idea for my next script. I knew I wanted it to have something to do with a husband and wife, but wasn't sure what the plot of the script was going to be. So I began writing a list of what I wanted to incorporate into the script, which included: a husband and wife, a retro yet modern town, and some sort of problem. I then came up with the plot for the script after having thought about it for a few days. Initially, it was going to just be a script with a husband and wife fighting about a shared issue, but I instead decided to add depth and purpose to their quarrel. I had to ask myself: Why are they fighting? How do I want this to end? Who's truly in the wrong? I then came up with the idea to not write the script off of any pre-written material and try to write it in a normal scripting format. Here are a few pages from the script:





     While it was difficult at times to write this script, since I wasn't rewriting a narrative story into a script format, I still feel as though I did a great job transferring the initial ideas I had for the script into the actual work. In regard to my reasoning behind writing this script, I wanted to show the obvious fact that every couple has their own problems, no matter how perfect they seem on the outside. I also wanted to implement some sort of relatability factor that would possibly lead to readers relating either to the characters in the story or the inexplicable issue in itself. Overall, I'm very happy about the progress I've created and I am looking forward to when I am finally done with this script in particular.





Comments