Artist Statement

When I was in fifth grade, I discovered my love for creative writing. I absolutely adored creating my own characters with their own, unique personalities, along with the adventures I would send them on. But this year I picked up a new niche in the same community as creative writing, which is writing screenplays. I was first in this portfolio class for film; but, during the switch from Marking Period 2 to the third, I realized that the most fun I had while making films was writing the scripts. So, I decided to switch my focus to screenwriting, and it was possibly one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.


For my works in screenwriting, I mainly focus on writing a thoroughly-developed story, along with an interesting setting and well-written characters, just as I would if I were writing a regular story. I use these simple concepts found in everyday novels because they’re what I’m most familiar with, not to mention I’m also very crafty when it comes to using these certain elements. I would say my strengths as an artist are having an actively imaginative mind and the knowledge of how to format my ideas into the kind of work I want it to be. I like to create this type of art because it allows me to creatively express my inner thoughts, not to mention it’s very enjoyable to be able to produce such visionary and innovative types of self-expression.


As said before, I have been working with writing screenplays and, overall, getting back into my love for creative writing. My work mostly stems from the inspiration I get from television and film - various settings, complex character arcs, and a mix of both realism and surrealism. What I mainly want is for my artwork to reach out to people, perhaps relate to them a bit, and inspire them to let their creative side out once in a while, because at the end of the day, we should all have a little art in our lives.

Comments